So
these poetic Valentine’s ditties are from the brilliant and creative minds of my
children and grandchildren….
The
instructions were… Write a poem using the
words: love, valentine, money, and cupid.
This
day is not so much about the money,
I
just want to spend some time with YOU my honey!
As
I sit and write this letter,
Each
year all I want is to treat you better!
I
hope you don’t think I’m Stupid,
But
this message is sent from CUPID.
So
open the “non-alcoholic” wine,
And
release the doves…..
Oh
and Happy Valentine’s to you MY LOVE!
When
Cupid’s arrow flew,
Poor
Valentine it did slew.
The
funeral cost money,
So
sad for his honey,
Because
love she never knew.
Mark
& Michelle
I
love that you’re my valentine
Makes
me much more excited than pea soup did
I
won’t be stupid and spend lots of money
When
all that is needed is me, your cupid
Matt
& Genise
Some say money buys love,
Cupid says
that’s stupid
You look mighty fine
Won’t you be my Valentine?
Kevin & Amy
There
used to be a Cupid and his name was Money,
But
he traded in his love and valentine for a taste of honey.
Jared
& Heather
There
once was an angel up above.
His
name was Cupid, and he was full of love..
He
was the one in charge of a special day..
Where
money is spent on chocolates and
gifts they say..
You
choose someone to be your Valentine
to hug and kiss..
And
then of course, give them flowers and gifts!
Sean
& Erika
Weren't those fun?! You can catch a glimpse of everyone's personality in these. They are all so unique and different--the poems and the authors!
I also want to say that we all miss you so much Johnny! Thank you for the emails, they are so special and important and we get to share your experience with you! Happy Valentine's Day. We love you and are so proud and we can't wait to see you again!!
I also want to say that we all miss you so much Johnny! Thank you for the emails, they are so special and important and we get to share your experience with you! Happy Valentine's Day. We love you and are so proud and we can't wait to see you again!!
Here is the official 2014 Morris Family Valentine’s Quiz.........
You
need to be done by 2/7/2014 so I have time to send out your GIFT! GOOD LUCK
SWEETHEARTS! You can write answers between the questions.
1.
Last
year the team had to wear a red tie. This year make a chain using red/ white/
pink construction paper and wear it around your neck. Email me a picture!
2.
What
did the boy cat say to the girl cat on Valentine’s Day?
3.
Name
one new heart conversation introduced by “Sweetheart” candies in recent years.
4.
What
year was Valentine’s Day declared an official holiday?
5.
Who
receives the most Valentine Cards?
6.
Write
a poem using the words: love, valentine, money, and cupid.
7.
Cupid
was the son of the Roman God ____________?
8.
Esther
Howland was one of the first to mass produce Valentine cards in the US. For
what quality were her Valentine’s known?
A. Beauty & taste B. Only
costing a penny C. Using only local
material
9.
What
did the paper clip say to the magnet on Valentine’s Day?
10.
Name
two US towns that have something to do with “Love-ly” names, such as: Darling,
MS
11.
Valentine’s
Day is a --------------‘- delight (15 letters total). 1 word
12.
Word
scramble!!! ACRMONE SLENACD
SLEFORW ETALOCOHC
13.
Each
team writes down every kind of kiss you can think of (such as on the cheek),
and puts them into a bag. Take turns pulling out the answers and demonstrating
the kiss! Pass along 3 of your best!!!
14.
Almost
done… hope you have had fun. What spice is commonly used in the small red heart
candies?
15.
What
is the difference between the Hershey Hug and a Hershey Kiss? A. Red wrapper B. Less chocolate C. White chocolate swirls
I'm hoping no one notices that I haven't posted SQUAT since my mission..... I'm committing to CHANGE that!
Love to all and Happy Valentine's Day.
Mom / Pat / Sister Morris ;-)
I'm hoping no one notices that I haven't posted SQUAT since my mission..... I'm committing to CHANGE that!
Love to all and Happy Valentine's Day.
Mom / Pat / Sister Morris ;-)


I just want to say that the chain on Mark & Michelle is stunning... Amazing even! Are those hearts? So creative those two. You must be very proud.
ReplyDelete