Aloha,
Wow. Almost a normal week. We attended the temple on the 31st because
Sis. Rowland's husband was home with back issues. On Thursday we did our 5 hours of service in
the beautiful La'ie temple and did not stop to eat until we were home. We had left overs.
On
Friday, we went visiting with Sis. Tupola.
She is the new Relief Society President in the Nankuli Ward. Her husband is the Ward Mission leader for
their Ward. We visited a Sis. Moody that
had three children. Unusual names... Tegan,
Tosh and Samya. Her husband is in the
military and she seems to love just being home.
Sis. Appel is trying to come back to church. Her husband is not a
member. She has 2 children from a
previous marriage who live in UT. We did
a quick check up on a Sis. Griggs who moved into the home of her daughter to
help them return to activity. She has 8
children and very poor circumstances.
She is in a wheelchair. We met
Sis. Gonzagas who had just lost her 30 year old daughter to kidney cancer. Sis Tupola is related on down the
branch. We were able to leave a prayer
of comfort before leaving. Then we checked up on the Nanakuli Elders and found
them not really out doing the work. Sis
Tupola called the mission office and I am sure they will hear from the Pres.
Warner. We don't need any slackers! It is so nice to go out with the RS
Presidents.
Saturday
was a study day and then as hunger hit we went out for a hamburger at Kua
Aina. It tasted so good and then began
our fast to find people to teach.
Sunday
was our Fast and Testimony meeting. We
had a lot of Brothers and Sisters called to new positions in the Branch. When I left Sunday School, the Branch Pres.
asked Sis. McGiven and myself to talk next Sunday on missionary work. Our time is running out. My brother-in-law, Matt, sent me this cute
picture of London. Her sister, Zoe, was
giving her a facial on Sunday and it knocked her out. I want one when I get home!!!
I
just want to give an update on hurricane Flossie.... it was supposed to wreak
havoc during the Branch campout, but they didn't budge, but we did have several
days with on and off again rain showers, but no big problems on Oahu. So far, we have had a tsunami warning and a
hurricane warning. We just need to keep
living right and avoid disaster.
Monday
was our get the work done day. We
cleaned the apartment, did laundry, washed the car & hair cut (Sis.
McGiven), had pedicures and I got my nails done. About 3:30, Sue took me to Ko Olina so I
could dip in the ocean. Boy, did it feel good.
Tuesday,
we held Zone Conference in Waianae.
Another late start and too long on the motivation... so our District
meeting was cut short. Elder Langi
taught from PMG lesson 8 on the Book of Mormon being the keystone of our
religion. The Book of Mormon, combined
with the Spirit, is your most powerful resource in conversion. We then watched a video clip that you can
find on LDS.org with Elder Holland talking about the trip to Carthage and Hyrum
reading in Ether 12:37 where he had turned down the page. Pres. Holland was holding that book. Either these two men died as martyrs in the
Lord's work or all is a fake. He
testified... it is all true and I also
add my testimony that Joseph was the Prophet called to bring in the Last days
and to bring forth the Book of Mormon.
He sacrificed so much to stand as the Lord’s witness and to bring the
Priesthood and all the ordinances back to earth as in Christ's day.
Tuesday
night we attended Relief Society with the Nanakuli Ward. We again saw Sis. Moody and many other dear
sisters'. They were putting together
journals. The next two months will be
about journal keeping.
You
can see little Eli and Emmett enjoying grandma Roses' old wishing well. I think they enjoyed this better than having their
picture taken w/ grandma.
Mahalo,
Sister
Morris


Mom,
ReplyDeleteI look over all your blog posts and see such love. You have such great love for your family, the people with whom you serve, and the individuals you encounter as a missionary. It's beautiful. Thank you so much for your openness and for sharing your journey. I think about you every single day and I am so grateful for the love you pour into your children and grandchildren and I am so happy that the people of Hawaii get to experience your beautiful spirit as well.
I love you Mom.
Michelle
Thank you dearie for your kind thoughts. I have really enjoyed chronicling my weeks through the beautiful blog you set up. Love, Mom
ReplyDelete