Aloha,
Here
we are back on track. Chuggin'
along! We worked again in the Hawaii
Temple on Thursday and it was so wonderful to be back in that sacred edifice
helping the patrons to do their own work and work for their ancestors. I had to wait until Sis. McGiven finished a
session, but visited w/ Sis. Murdock, who is our supervisor. She is such a sweet sister. We decided to eat at Halei'wa Joes that
night. We had a 30 minute wait and
almost as long for our meal to arrive.
We got acquainted w/a couple sitting beside us that were celebrating their
15th Anniversary. I took a picture of
them after figuring out the camera. I
pushed down on the button and my left finger got attacked by the pop-up flash. Finally got the deed done. They had their meal and were eating dessert
and we were still waiting. We should
have just ordered dessert!
Friday
we had our Zone meeting at Makakilo and got to meet the new Elders' and
Sisters'. We had quite the
turnover. We played a game so we could
get to know each other. We sat in a circle
and these were the rules. 1) We had to tell our name and one thing about us, 2)
the next person had to repeat the 1st person's information, and 3) add their
name and something about them, etc. Of
course, I volunteered to go first and by the time it finally went clear around
the circle... it was time to move on.
Elder Shephard came in late because they forgot to pick him and his
companion up and had to go back and get them.
He sat on my right and was able to remember all of the names and places
through hearing it only 2 times... what a memory.
Our
new Zone leaders are: Elders' Kimoana
and Havili. They are also our new Tongan
Elders' and both speak the language. The
Zone Leaders decided to have several new distinctions... 1) fashion leaders... w/ call w/ the color to
wear to our zone meetings, 2) exercise
leaders for Monday-P-Day, and 3) motivators to help bring unity to the Zone.
We
dismissed into our District's for instruction.
Today we talked on how we affect others through being obedient. Elder Bailey read Mosiah 28:4 about the sons
of Mosiah being the vilest of sinners, but yet through repentance they were
able to change and change others. He
asked us to write our feelings on how we would report our mission. "As we participated in the WAS (Women's
Auxilliary Specialist) program without any directive, I feel our personalities
played a big role in softening hearts.
Through our love and speaking boldly brought about an
understanding. We loved = they
loved."
After
our meeting, I went to have a tooth checked that I broke eating some hard
granola. After 2 x-rays and the examination...
I will need to go back next Friday and have a new filling. The big question.... do you have dental
insurance? Of course NOT.
Saturday,
my son Kevin sent a picture of his family on a river rafting trip in North
Carolina. Looks fun, but I said I am
glad you sent the picture after the fact so I wouldn't have to worry about
grand-children being popped out of the raft!
Sunday,
we had a wonderful Sacrament meeting by the YM/YW all in English and the Stake
speakers also were English speaking.
They all discussed the temple and the preparation needed to attend and
receive the special blessings from the Lord.
Today, marks our "1" month until we board our plane for home.
Monday
we cleaned the apartment. That evening we had dinner with all the Senior
couples for FHE at the mission home. I
have included a picture of the M&M Sisters with Pres. and Sis. Warner. The Davis' were in charge of the evening and
asked us all to share the blessings we have seen from serving a mission. A lot of the comments seemed to be about
family and the changes many of their children have made. I expressed my love for being on this mission
as a "healing" balm and how all my children have grown. I thanked my daughter Michelle for setting up
this blog and keeping my mission history updated. I love all my children and grand-children
for all their strengths.
Tuesday,
we held our Zone meeting in Waianae. We
had our opening exercises and then the "motivators", Elders' Makalio
and Dorf ramped up the meeting w/ Tongan drums and torches (unlit... of
course!) to reach our goal of 22. When
we divided into our Districts, Elder
Bailey, discussed the importance of
extending commitments and issuing invitations and checking back w/ the
investigator to see how they are progressing.
We then practiced extending invitations and seeing how we did w/ our
commitments. We all had lunch at Taco Bell and then headed to our various
areas.
Elder
Monson reminds us..."Regarding one's testimony, remember, that which one
willingly shares he keeps, while that which he selfishly keeps he loses... Teach
and testify. There is no better
combination."
I
testify that we are literally all of God's children and He loves each one of
us. He sent His son, Jesus Christ, to
atone for our individual sins and broke the bands of death so we can have
everlasting life. Look to our Savior and
feel His love for you.
Happy
birthday Shane.
Mahalo,
Sister
Morris

Wow! That river raft trip looks fun!
ReplyDelete