Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Aloha 5/8/13

Aloha,

Another week of home recovery at the Childs.  Today is May 1st or May Day.  I got my daughter hooked on this special event.  I used to take flowers around to the widows in my old Ward, but I am home bound this year.  Here are pictures of Genise's children and their pretty bouquets that they take to special people. I remember, as a kid, picking dandelions, bachelor buttons and other colorful flowers and doorbell ditching as we left them on the porches of our neighbors'. We have kind of forgotten the traditions of May Day w/ the flowers and the May pole.

This is going to be a short blog because each day was very similar to the previous day. I would get up, pray, eat... if that is what you call it!... soft foods, shower and then study.  I accomplished my goal and finished, "Jesus the Christ" by Talmadge.  What a powerful book.  I would go for a walk before lunch and then have my lunch, a nap and then usually John and Darolyne would be home.

Collet McCoy (from the old Orem 6th Ward) picked me up and dropped me off for a check-up.  All seemed in order and no unusual redness where I was cut.  He said to let him know if anything came up before I left on the 6th.  The Childs' picked me up.  Darolyne bought me some beef barley soup that I ate when we got home and YUM.

On the 3rd after my walk, I went into my room and all of a sudden there was a flurry in the blinds.  Sure enough!!!  The other visitor showed up to sun itself.  After I calmed myself, I went and got one of the sticky traps and prayed it would touch it.  As it scurried to the center of the blind I stuffed in the trap and then I said to myself... I hope it is on the trap when I pull it out and it doesn't jump off.  So, I carefully pulled it out from the blind and it was on the trap and I quickly took outside and put it on the ground.  When John came home, I told him I had a surprise to show him.  Since then, he calls me.... "Pat the Dragon Slayer."

Friday Genise and Matt met me at the "Bear Paw" for breakfast along w/ Mike, Ofa, Liz and Gabe.  I thought it would be a total surprise for her seeing me, but Spencer mentioned to Genise at Emilio's birthday... "Oh, I just saw your mom!"  I didn't think about him seeing her.  Oh, well.  I just didn't want her to ride me about being back in the states.  She was actually really good and said, "I sent you something for May Day!" and you aren't going to get it.  I said, "I'll get it when I get home."  We had a nice visit and then stopped at Mike's to look at the pretty rose bush that we got for Lynn's funeral.   Pretty dark pink buds... almost red.  Genise and Matt headed off to LV to celebrate their 14th Anniversary.

This weekend in St George was a triathlon and a lot of the roads were closed or congested.  I didn't really go out much because I tend to get really turned around.  Saturday, I did get a pedicure and my nails done at a place really close by.

On the 5th, I attended Sacrament Meeting at 11 am.  The church was within walking distance, so I got my spiritual and my physical all in one! Today is Darolyne's birthday.  I bought some carrot cake cupcakes for her birthday cake.  We ate dinner and then she enjoyed her cake.  

On Monday, I got a hold of the Dr.'s office and said I felt like I had a bladder infection and needed checked out.  She told me to go to the hospital and she would get back to me.  I went to the hospital and did my sample.  Back at Childs', John loaded my car.   We hugged and I left them a card and gift certificate for a bite out and left for LV.   Along the way, the Dr's office called and confirmed a UTI and where should they call me in a prescription.  I said, "Target in Kapolei HI."  I'll pick it up tomorrow.

I finally reached South Pointe Hotel (w/ my humbug car!)  and valet parked. I just took up my overnite bag because my plane departed at 9 am.  SP got my boarding pass for me and then I went upstairs and ordered Chinese food.  What a mistake!  Too much food.  I should have just had a milk shake.  I rented a movie which was a true story about a family all surviving a tsunami in India.  Quite unbelievable.   I called for a 5:30 am wake up call and the rest is sleep.

I ordered a curbside wheelchair from LV and Honolulu.  Very interesting. They wheeled me right up to the airplane door and then lifted my bag into the overhead.  When I arrived in Honolulu, they asked the wheelchair people to wait.  When I finally was off the plane, the wheelchair pusher took me through the terminal, into a couple of elevators, into a handi-van and then drove us to baggage claim.  We then got out of the handi-van, took another elevator and then we reached the luggage carrousel.  He grabbed my bag and wheeled me curbside.  I went to call Sis. McGiven and I couldn't bring up anything on my phone.  OH, great.  I undid the back and removed the battery and it charged up and I reached her.   She picked me up and then stopped at Target for my medicine. Arriving at the apartment I was exhausted.  She ended up bringing in all my luggage.  I am not to lift for 3 weeks except 15#'s.

Nice to be back on the Island of Oahu and see all the beautiful flowers and birds singing.  

This is my purpose today and always and the reason I decided to come on a mission.  As Brigham Young put it, "There is neither man or woman in this church who is not on a mission.  That mission will last as long as they live, and it is to do good, to promote righteousness, to teach the principles of truth, and to prevail upon themselves and everybody around them to live those principles that they may obtain eternal life."    

Happy Mother's Day to my mother and every other mother on May 12th.

Mahalo,
Sis. Morris

1 comment: