Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Aloha 5/22/13

Aloha,

This was quite a slow week so I have added some family pictures.  Kevin took his family on a Disney cruise for Mother's Day. Good thing they live in Florida.  Jared got to do something he has always loved... he got to "dress up" as a cowboy for a wedding.  His little family looks so cute.

It was so sad to hear about Sister Monson passing away on Friday.  I know our prophet is really going to miss her companionship.  Our prayers are with him.





Sunday, my cousin Christy Martensen and her three travel companions came for a spaghetti dinner.  It was fun to see her and catch up.  Also, saw her Tuesday at the temple to hand off her purse she left behind on Sunday.

Monday, we held our District Meeting in Makakilo.  Our leader had us study from Preach My Gospel, lesson 6.  "How Do I Develop Christ like Attributes".  We each chose an attribute that we would like to work on and then gave a 2 minute idea on how to accomplish.   I chose... Patience.  It is the capacity to endure delay, trouble, opposition, or suffering without becoming angry, frustrated, or anxious.  I think I am getting there through prayer and forgiveness.  I am sure we all could work on a Christ like attribute.  Here are just a few:  Faith in Jesus Christ, Hope, Charity and Love, Virtue, Knowledge, Patience, Humility, Diligence and Obedience.  I think I have a lot of work on all the others, but nice to put it out front.


We left early to go to the Dr. before FHE.  I still had a UTI.  I talked to Dr. Lawler and told her my Dr. in UT was trying to have me do a barium swallow test at Queens and wasn't having any success.  She said our office will make the appointment.  Before I left, I was scheduled for the 30th.  I guess it is WHO you know!



We had our FHE with the Sr. Couples at the Mission Home Tuesday evening.  Pres. Dalton and his wife leave the mission on July 1st.  We will have a new Pres. and his wife for a month and a half before we head home.  We had a guest speaker who talked about the growth of BYU-Hawaii and the building that is going on.  All the BYU campuses and Utah Valley University have taken enrollment hits since the change in the missionary age was announced in October Conference.  The work is growing quickly and the young ones coming out are so prepared.

Tuesday, we were able to go to the temple with our Zone for the 9 am session.  We missed our turn and ended up going around the Island in a much longer direction.  Through prayer we made it on time.  They close the session at 5 until the hour and if you are late... then you wait an hour for the next session.  We made it by 1 minute.  It was so nice to be with all the young Elders and Sisters.   It is so beautiful to drive to and from the Temple and see all the lush green, flowers and the ocean.

As I was studying the life of Lorenzo Snow there was a thought I'd like to share on p. 153.

"We cannot always do what we would like to do, but we shall have the power to do that which we should do.  The Lord will give us the power to do this."

Mahalo until next week,

Sister Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment