We
had quite a full week. The 21st was
temple day with our zone.
Happy
birthday to daughter Genise on the 22nd, Van on the 23rd, Josh on the 28th, and
last but certainly not least my wonderful and handsome rock star son-in-law and
the love of my daughter's life Mark on the 30th. I was able to connect with everyone and wish
them a happy day.
The
24th was our temple day. It was light
duty for me, but enjoyable. We didn't
stop to eat and came home and fixed a bite.
On
Friday, the 24th we held a baptism for Aloi' Manupule. His sweet wife, Emerly, was already a member,
but many of her family came for the baptism.
President Fine baptized him.
After the baptism the Branch held a dinner and dance for the graduating
Seniors, Kazia and Solove. It was well
attended.
On Saturday the 25th, we attended a "Super Saturday" held in the Waianae building. All the Relief Societies from the Stake were invited. It was a fun day. We were put in different groups and attended a variety of classes. I attended a class where we made covers for our notebook and then a flower making class. Sis McGiven attended a soap making class and another book cover class. They also had lei making and a mega mix class. After the classes we had a nice lunch.
On Sunday, I taught Relief Society from the November 2012 Ensign on Elder Andersen's talk, page 39 entitled "Trial of Your Faith.” Basically he talked about 5 trials that were brought to his attention: 1) an untimely death, 2) single adults trying to live the law of chastity. 3) a single woman who anticipated marriage and children, 4) same sex attraction, 5) those who try to discredit the church and destroy faith. Of course, I could list others: such as, health, divorce, abuse and many others. He said, "By definition, trials will be trying. There may be anguish, confusion, sleepless nights, and pillows wet with tears. But our trials need not be spiritually fatal. They need not take us from our covenants or from the household of God. With faith come trials of faith, bringing increased faith." How do you remain steadfast during a trial of faith? "You immerse yourself in the very things that helped build your CORE of faith: you exercise faith in Christ, you pray, you ponder the scriptures, you repent, you keep the commandments, and you serve others."
It never hurts to remember that when we are in the Valley of despair we need to climb step by step up the mountain peak to receive our greatest strength... to the Lord's personal temple with his arms extended.
On
Memorial Day we met with the Branch at a park in Waiane for a picnic. I took pictures of them bar-be-quing and
making leis'. We stayed for a couple of
hours, but they didn't quit until around 6 pm.
We missed the water games and the tug of war. I think the whole Branch attended at one time
or another.
The Roses' attended the Rose reunion in Emmett, ID on the 25th. My brother Dennis drove his motor home and took my mother, Diane, Carol, Roger and Linda. Dennis and Carol were in charge of the reunion and Dennis offered to be President from now on to keep it going. We meet on the odd years for the Rose Reunion and have immediate family reunions on the even years. They stopped in Hermiston, OR on their way to Emmett and put flowers on family graves.
On Tuesday the 28th we held our District meeting in Waianae and played "Jeopardy." It was the past losers against the winners. My losing team finally won! We took pictures and sang in Hawaiian... "Until We Meet Again" to those who are finishing their mission next week. We are losing Elder Shipley from our Tongan Branch, Elder Penitani from Nanakuli and one of our Zone leaders', Elder Brooksby. They will really be missed. We all had lunch as a Zone at the Pizza Hut. Afterwards, we visited Siosi for a while.
Today, the 28th was Josh's birthday. He is my grandson who just hit the teenage years. I called his dad's phone and Josh picked up so I was able to wish him a personal happy birthday!
It
is getting hotter every day and I feel like a running tap! AND we are just heading into summer. Hope everyone will enjoy their summertime.
My
ward sent this address about a Mormon ad blitz in the UK. Click on the link. You might enjoy watching it; I sure did.
Mahalo,
Sister
Morris






I can't wait to hear you sing in Hawaiian when you come home,and that is not long from now, just crazy.I have Tym and his family coming, and we just left Utah on the June 3rd. I think they need to space out our visits alittle better. Love you, Lady P (Cindy)
ReplyDeleteGet real! I don't know any Hawaiian songs, but Aloha Oui. Be happy. P
ReplyDelete